Timberlands Dental Care is your emergency dentist in Red Deer, offering emergency services for you and your loved ones.
Have a Dental Emergency? We Can Help.
If you or someone you know experiences a dental emergency, call us at (403) 505-2345 after hours and you will be passed through to the on-call doctor. Here are just a few dental emergencies that you may experience.
Follow these tips until you can see our dentist:
Tips For a Toothache
- Rinse your mouth with a warm saltwater mixture.
- Apply ice or a cold compress to ease pain and swelling.
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever that could be a pill or capsule, however, never apply it directly on the tooth.
- Contact our dentist as soon as possible to find out what the problem could be.
Tips For a Knocked Out Tooth
- Gargle your mouth with warm water.
- Retrieve the tooth entirely or the broken piece, carefully rinse it to remove debris and try placing it back into its socket.
- If it can’t be reattached, place it in a bottle of milk or salt and water.
- Contact your dentist as soon as possible, since it can be saved within an hour it was dislodged.
Tips For a Lost Dental Filling
- The faster you realize you lost a dental filling the better it is to cover the exposed area.
- Use sugar-free gum to cover the exposed cavity. Over-the-counter dental cement would also be fine to use as well.
- Contact your dentist as soon as possible to have the matter attended to, even with over-the-counter cement covering.
Tips For a Lost Dental Crown
- You can use over-the-counter dental cement or toothpaste and try to reattach the crown to the exposed tooth.
- If you are experiencing pain, apply clove oil to it.
- Contact your dentist as soon as possible so that the crown can be reattached to the tooth. If it can’t be reattached, we can replace it.
Tips For Broken Braces/Wires
- Gently push the broken braces or wire with the eraser end of a pencil. If you can’t push it back into place, use orthodontic wax or a piece of gauze to cover up the broken end.
- Never cut the broken end with scissors since it can be swallowed.
- Contact your dentist right away to have the matter attended to.
Tips For An Abscess
- Mix warm water with salt and gargle it to ease the pain in the affected area.
- Gargle the salt water mixture a few times a day since it helps to kill the bad bacteria and infection.
- See your dentist as soon as possible since abscesses can infect your other oral tissues and turn the problem into something more serious.